Saturday, October 17, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

Here's a great poem from one of my favorite blogs, Gotta Book. This site is for  poetry lovers & teachers will enjoy the feature entitled 30 Poets 30 Days found here, especially during April, Poetry Month! This one made me laugh! It's called a "Oddaptation" & it's a re-issue!

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE
by Maurice Sendak
Oddaptation by Gregory K.

Another family meal is missed:
Max is angry. Max is pissed.
And rumpus beasts? They don’t exist...
My word, Max needs a therapist!

Lots of controversy on the movie...is it too sad/intense for kids? Bob, my hubby, and I saw it @ an opening day matinee w/a disparate audience & it seemed all loved it! Do we protect kids too much these days? See the buzz over @ 5 Hens, Not Your Average Chicks.  I almost feel I saw a different movie than she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment